CALLING FOR VOLUNTEERS:
The Mahindra Group proudly presents the 14th edition of the Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Awards (META) to be held in New Delhi in March 2019. Recognizing and rewarding all aspects of theatre production and stage craft, META is one of Indian theatre’s premier awards.
META is a world-renowned festival which celebrates excellence at its core, and therefore we expect the best from our META Team.
To help orchestrate an event of this scale and prestige, we welcome willing and able volunteers to join our extended META family. Volunteers are the face of META and Teamwork Arts, and they form the backbone of our event, and therefore, we're only looking for sincere and honest people who will give us their best. Commitment, professionalism and enthusiasm are what we expect from every META volunteer.
Though the Festival attracts some of the biggest names in the world of theatre, we need our volunteers to be focused on their duties rather than the invited guests and celebrities. META volunteers will be in the spotlight at the Festival as they take on the theme of the plays in their appearance and demeanour, with the aim of giving our audience a wholesome theatre experience. As a volunteer, you will get the opportunity to work closely with the Festival producers, judges, theatre artistes and audiences; all while making one of the most comprehensive theatre awards in the country a remarkable success!
BEFORE APPLYING TO BE A VOLUNTEER FORMETA, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
- Applicants should ideally be from Delhi OR have accommodation arrangements within Delhi.
- Applicants should know their way around Delhi.
- If selected, applicants will be required to work from the 4th of March, 2019 to the 12th of March, 2019.
- Volunteers will be expected to work from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm (tentative).
- Background experience in theatre is recommended, but not necessary.
Selected Volunteers will be assigned specific departments and duties; which are listed below. These duties may change according to the requirements of the event. Please read carefully.
Jury Management: Volunteers will have to take care of META Jury Members which will include welcoming them at the airport, helping them check in to their hotels, escorting them to META venues. This role requires thorough knowledge about the Festival schedule, the venues, the plays and other information such as the background of the plays and artistes. Ensuring the hospitality and well-being of the Jury Members is of prime importance as they are eminent personalities of the theatre and arts community.
Artiste Liaison: Volunteers will receive all performing artistes and assist them through the day. Being truly hospitable and warm, and making a concerted effort to fulfil every request from the artiste is the prime responsibility of Artiste Liaison Volunteers.
Venue Management: Volunteers will make sure that all venues are ready prior to every event. Volunteers must ensure that all basic requirements are available and well stocked, and that all green rooms are clean and well maintained. They will also have to manage the audience during shows and assist artistes after their performances, during pack-up, and when they vacate the auditorium.
Box Office Management: Volunteers will be expected to manage invitee lists, coordinate with the ticketing agency, update daily sales reports and ensure that the sale of tickets is tracked properly.
Logistics (Transport + Accommodation): Volunteers will be in charge of taking care of each artistes’ itinerary, organising appropriate transportation between venues and hotels, handling their accomodation. One of the most stimulating albeit most challenging departments, Logistics requires meticulous time-keeping and organisational skills. Volunteers in this department must be quick thinkers and be able to tackle any problem(s) that may arise.
Blogging: Volunteers will capture the essence of META through written blogs. They will need to be present through the entire Festival and blog about the plays, conduct interviews with artistes and crew members, and provide written pieces for the blog section of the META website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Once you have been allotted a department, there will be no changes made. Please do respect the outcome of our volunteer selection process. While you will be assigned a specific department, you may be required to double up and take on additional roles, when needed.
- We would appreciate a five-day prior notice if you wish to back out after you have been selected.
- Once shortlisted, applicants will be called in for an interview and will be intimated of the same via email. A skype/telephonic interview will be conducted for volunteers who have worked with us for other festivals. Those applying for the first time will have to be present for a personal interview which will be conducted at our office in Sultanpur, Delhi. The training and interview process is mandatory.
- Teamwork Arts will not take care of travel, transport and accommodation of outstation volunteers. However, lunch and/or dinner will be provided depending on the working hours.
- Our first preference when selecting volunteers will go to those residing in Delhi/having accommodation arrangements in Delhi.
- Those selected to be volunteers will receive a certificate/letter of appreciation for their work after the event.
We look forward to a lasting partnership and hope META gives back to you its essence and spirit just as you give it your best.