APPLICATION FOR META 2019 IS NOW CLOSED!
Thank you for applying for META 2019, the application process for this year is now shut! All the best to all the applicants, results will be announced on our website on the 10th of February 2019.
The META Secretariat invites theatre groups, individuals, playwrights and critics to submit their production or recommend a production for META 2019.
Entries will be accepted between 10th October 2018 to 10th January 2019 for the 14th edition of the Festival.
A Selection Committee comprising of eminent personalities from the field of performing arts will carefully select 10 plays that will finally be staged in Delhi. Nominations will be announced on our website in February 2019.
Theatre productions must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the awards:
- Plays must have been produced in the period 10th January 2014 to 10th January 2019.
- Plays must have been staged between 10th January 2018 to 10th January 2019.
- Plays can be in any Indian language or can be non-verbal.
- Plays can be adaptations of the work/original scripts of any Indian or International playwright
- Only original scripts will be eligible for the Best Original Script award.
- A play received by the Secretariat in any of the previous years will be considered an invalid Application.
- All plays must be video recorded in a suitable environment where all theatre aspects are visible, for eg. Stage, sets, lights, costumes, sound etc. Videos of rehearsals in a rehearsal space will not be acceptable.
- Full length plays must be recorded and uploaded on our website with the application form submitted. Excerpts and trailers will not be accepted.
- Plays must be submitted in their original language along with subtitles (in case of languages other than Hindi or English).
- The play must be produced in India.
- There is no Application fee required for submission.
- Post the selection of the 10 plays shortlisted to be showcased during the festival. The cost of shipping the set, travel by AC II Tier Sleeper, boarding and lodging, venue cost and any additional technical requirement along with a nominal staging fee will be paid for by the Award Secretariat
- In cases of copyright infringement, whether local or international, the submitting producer shall be held directly responsible. The Festival Secretariat will not be held liable.
- Should a theatre company not be in a position to afford a recording they may apply for funding up to Rs 4000 in order to record the production.
- All plays in languages other than Hindi or English, if selected, will be staged with subtitles.
- In case a production house finds it impossible to send in their digital Application, the Secretariat will consider accepting a physical Application. The secretariat should be informed well in advance in such a case. These entries will only be accepted if there is a valid and extreme reasoning to it.
How to register:
- A group can apply with one or more plays as separate entries. Applications will have to be filled for each entry.